Saturday, September 17, 2011

Great Night to Fly

Last night, Brian took Brady and I up for a quick joyride up in our most recent addition. I hadn't been up in it yet, and it was a great time! I enjoy the slower (and closer to the groud flights) rides, much better than way up high flights. This was a lovely little jaunt on a beautiful night. I just love the way the country side looks from above. Brady sat up front with Daddy, and he even got to take over the controls for a little bit!

Getting ready to take off!


Brady watching Daddy and doing his best to copy him


My pilots


Just got done looking at the house


Watch out world! Brady's at the controls now!


Beautiful Missouri


After we had gotten back home, we saw what had happened just a bit earlier out in Reno. As a family that enjoys attending air shows, I can't even imagine what they are all going through. The pilots family was attending the show and saw the accident. I know the excitement and joy that I feel when I watch Brian up in the air, doing what he loves. Those poor people went from that great feeling, to watching their loved one disappear in front of them. While we were up in the air enjoying the beauty of it all, there were hundreds of people in the middle of a tragedy involving the same beautiful skies. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment