Saturday, August 22, 2009

Arachnaphobia

Soooo....to those that know me, you know I'm very proud of all of my plants and flowers and such around the house, and my hibiscus especially! Well, last week I was out watering the hibiscus out back and I got a good look at a spider that has been living in it. I got the trees several months ago, and the spider has been there since then. However, she seemed very sweet and never bothered me at all. I had begun lovingly calling her Charlotte (from the book). Well, after I got a good look at her last week I wanted to look her up on the internet and find out what kind she is. Imagine my surprise when I come to find out she is a brown widow (same as a black widow, only MORE deadly)!!! We know it is, because we saw 4 (!!!) egg sacs that are specifically made by brown widows. Then we read that they are deadly to small children....well, we have two of those, and we would prefer to keep it that way. So, I've had to bid adios to my dear hibiscus and deadly Charlotte. I had a moment of silence for them... :)

It's all good - I got a lime tree, a lemon tree and an orange tree to help take some of the pain from my loss away.

Here's some pics of Brian setting it ablaze:

No comments:

Post a Comment